I ran across this SSRS report past few weeks and had a hard time to solve the issue. I could deploy and view all the report but one report. It kept giving me this error
- An error occurred invoking the Report Definition Customization Extension (RDCE). (rsRdceInvalidCacheOptionError)
- Fatal exception performing AXRDCE transformation step. The report cannot be rendered. Please contact your system administrator.
By goggling, all of searching lead me to this page http://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/69658.aspx or this page
I thought i found the answer, but it deviated me even further from the solution.
The following didn’t work:
– Adding report to the “Report Deployment Settings” – the same error was thrown when deploying the report
– SSRS restart
– Deleting AUC and regenerating WCF config.
– Stop/Start Reporting Services
– Delete the report and redeploy
– Create a new config file
– Clear user usage
– Monitor event viewer
– Monitor database
– Use SSRS diagnostic tool to gather information about enviroment
Basically, I tried everything i can to get this to work but no matter what I tried the issue still persisted
One thing to keep in mind report, query has never been modified. I decided to take different approach by looking at the report itself from VS perspective. I started seeing lights at the end of the tunnel. Recompiling the report in VS, i collected additional information. When I looked at data source, I found out the report was using a query. Looking at the query and tracking all of its datasources, I found out one of the table was missing an index. I removed the bad index field from the index, and reran the report and it worked like a charm