RSS

Tag Archives: SSRS report

Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Report Deployment Error with Visual Studio 2013

Issues:

When deploying a report in R3 with VS 2013, you might see the error below

The “GenerateRdlTask” task failed unexpectedly.

System.IO.FileLoadException: Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131401)

image

Solutions

1. Open the Start Menu and right click on Computer. Select Properties.

2. Select Advanced system settings.

3. In the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables.

4. Select New.

5. Set Variable Name: COMPLUS_LoaderOptimization

6. Set Variable Value: 1

image

image

7. Log out and log back in

8. Open the report using VS 2013 and try again.

Advertisements
 
1 Comment

Posted by on May 18, 2016 in Development, Report

 

Tags: , , , , ,

An error occurred invoking the Report Definition Customization Extension (RDCE).

I ran across this SSRS report past few weeks and had a hard time to solve the issue. I could deploy and view all the report but one report. It kept giving me this error

  • An error occurred invoking the Report Definition Customization Extension (RDCE). (rsRdceInvalidCacheOptionError)
    • Fatal exception performing AXRDCE transformation step. The report cannot be rendered. Please contact your system administrator.

By goggling, all of searching lead me to this page http://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/69658.aspx or this page
https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/brandongeorge/archive/2013/03/03/ax-2012-fatal-axrdce-exception-error-addressed.aspx

I thought i found the answer, but it deviated me even further from the solution.

The following didn’t work:

– Adding report to the “Report Deployment Settings” – the same error was thrown when deploying the report

– SSRS restart

– Deleting AUC and regenerating WCF config.

– Stop/Start Reporting Services

– Delete the report and redeploy

– Create a new config file

– Clear user usage

– Monitor event viewer

– Monitor database

– Use SSRS diagnostic tool to gather information about enviroment

Basically, I tried everything i can to get this to work but no matter what I tried the issue still persisted

One thing to keep in mind report, query  has never been modified. I decided to take different approach by looking at the report itself from VS perspective. I started seeing lights at the end of the tunnel. Recompiling the report in VS, i collected additional information. When I looked at data source, I found out the report was using a query. Looking at the query and tracking all of its datasources, I found out one of the table was missing an index. I removed the bad index field from the index, and reran the report and it worked like a charm

Image

SNAGHTML1400214b

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on April 30, 2014 in Development

 

Tags: , , , , ,

 
%d bloggers like this: